We moved into a new house not even a month ago. I love the house, but we were having water issues. We were fixing up lots of things on the house that will go towards our rent money in the future, but for now we were running out! I came home one day when there was no water (actually there was water in the well, the pump just wouldn't pump it out), we had no money, and I was so stressed out that I wanted to cry and puke all at the same time. I went upstairs to my new amazing bedroom and fell asleep. It was all I could think of to do to stop thinking about all of the things in my life I couldn't control.
I woke up to the sound of rain. I got really excited! I ran outside to where there is a place that rain water comes out of in a big stream and started collecting the water in drums. I called Tsering, the little boy that lives with us, outside to take a shower! Maika came out too, and the two of them had fun soaping themselves up and rinsing off in the rain. We started storing up so much water in drums that there was plenty for toilets, washing dishes, washing the floors, etc.... There still wasn't water to come out of the taps, and we still didn't have any money for anything, but I was for the moment a bit happier. Then it hit me.....
My parents, my dad in particular, were very interested in teaching me how to work for my money. This was a great thing to learn! So many kids/teens are just used to having everything handed to them. And I was always working and saving up money for what I wanted. It was a fantastic thing to learn, but then what do you do when there is nothing you can do to earn yourself even one dollar?
God, though the last few years, has taken me on a journey of trusting Him with the one thing I had the hardest time trusting for- finances! I loved the total freedom I felt when I finally totally trusted Him for whatever I needed. When we moved into this new house, our rent more than doubled. We needed many more things. We added one more staff member to the household because of the gigantic compound. I suddenly felt like God was showing me that He had taken me to a certain level of trusting Him, but now my faith in this area is being tested again. Can I trust Him for more? Of course the answer is yes, but my logic and my heart resist. Now now since I'm becoming more aware of what is going on, I am less stressed and more looking forward to see what He is going to do. I know that He is good and that He can be trusted!
No comments:
Post a Comment